Friday 9 March 2012

Audience Research


For my main task, I realised that audience research would provide key information regarding the style of my music magazine, from the style of the masthead to the positioning of the teasers. This allows me to clearly represent what the audience wishes to see. I have decide to create a SurveyMonkey, as I did in my preliminary task, so that I know what my audience wants to appear. According to Fiske, the aims of the producer are not very important, because consumers will "rip" the existing texts, and apply their own views to whatever is written. I feel that if I use more consumer input, there will be less such usage, because they have had a more direct influence of what is featured.

Of Hartley's seven pre-existing groups that define a person's social position, I will be directly collecting information about three of them; gender, age group and class.

No comments:

Post a Comment