Tuesday 31 January 2012

Target Audience Research

Overall, neither of the magazines I have analysed were particularly good, both of them breaking several of the common conventions of magazine front covers. In order to create a better College magazine, I will create a SurveyMonkey that I will put on Facebook and Twitter, to find out what people want to see from a Bodmin College magazine.

The questions I have used in my survey include: age and gender, to clarify which members of the target audience are responding to the survey, their usage of the current College magazine, their opinion on which stories they want to read about, their choice of which of four mastheads is best, and their opinions on the layout of the magazine front cover.

One weakness of me uploading it to my Facebook, is that I am not surveying the secondary target audience of the parents/guardians or teachers, because they are not going to see it on my Facebook. However, I am still going to get results that reflect the views of the primary target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment