Friday 27 January 2012

Analysing Existing Magazines

I am going to analyse two existing college magazine covers, as well as their contents pages, so that I can work out the common conventions for a magazine, so that I can follow these conventions in my own work, and use them to represent the needs of my target audience, because theorists say that creativity is not an instant process but:


“A process needed for problem solving…not a special gift enjoyed by a few but a common ability possessed by most people”  (Jones, 1993).

“The making of the new and the rearranging of the old” (Bentley, 1997)

“Creativity results from the interaction of a system composed of three elements: a culture that contains symbolic rules, a person who brings novelty into the symbolic domain, and a field of experts who recognise and validate the innovation” (Csikszentmihalyi, 1996).

1 comment: