Tuesday 9 April 2013

A2 - Making a Magazine Front Cover

The first thing I did after designing the flat plans was to take photos of my actor in full costume, in a variety of poses. Based on my work on the common conventions of magazine front covers, I knew that magazines tend to have fairly plain and simplistic backgrounds. Unlike in my poster, I chose to use Photoshop to make the magazine front cover.


The above screenshot shows my magazine mid-way through my work on it. At this point, I had designed the magazine name, headline and strapline. I made sure to match the colour of some of the text with the colour of the character's glasses, to increase continuity within the product.

This is the font I chose to use for the magazine's name. I also decided to place the issue number, date and price inside the bottom of the two borders around the text, as a stylistic choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment