Friday 22 March 2013

A2 - Shot List


Throughout the filming of my trailer, I took care to make sure I was including a wide variety of shots. Some of the shots I included were close-ups, establishing shots, POV shots and medium shots.

Close-ups are used to show the audience greater detail, particularly to show facial expressions. In my trailer, some of the close-ups used focus on the faces of the characters, and some of the weapons lying on the killer's trailer.

Establishing shots are generally rather wide and sweeping, and their purpose is to give the viewer an idea of the landscape/environment surrounding the scene.

POV (Point-of-view) shots are, as the name suggests, showing the scene from the perspective of one of the characters. One of the most noticeable POV shots featured in my trailer shows the killer standing over his victim (played by me), pointing a gun at the camera.

Medium shots are more common throughout trailers, being the most common way of showing the scene. While there is normally a 180-degree rule, so that the scene can entirely be seen from one side, we have somewhat challenged this rule in some of our footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment