Saturday 27 October 2012

A2 - Editing Practice - Final Cut Pro

The main program I will use for editing my full task is Final Cut Pro. Final Cut Pro allows me to do more precise and frame-by-frame editing than I can with other software, such as iMovie. Final Cut Pro also allows me to add and edit sounds and music alongside the video, allowing for a more professional experience.

When I started trying to use the program I realised I had little experience with it. To get practice, as well as look at a style model for trailers, I edited the Dawn of the Dead trailer shot-for-shot, inserting cuts at every single cut throughout the trailer. Below I have put up several screenshots of my progress with the editing process.




While editing this trailer, I realised that a fade to black is one of the most common tricks used in horror film trailers. In this trailer, for example, at least 15 fades to black lasting roughly a second each are used, which is a large amount considering the trailer is only about 2 minutes long.

No comments:

Post a Comment